[ Maps ]

Tajikistan GBAO Permit

Embassies abroad | Foreign embassies | Invitation letter | OVIR registration

  A trip to Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous region of Tajikistan requires a special permit in addition to Tajikistan visa. GBAO permit can be obtained at Tajik embassies and consulates abroad at the time of applying for Tajikistan visa, or by applying to MFA or OVIR in Dushanbe. We can also pre arrange it for you:

  GBAO Permit - 50 USD. Pls contact us for detailes.

  GBAO permit may list the names of the settlements and cities as well as regions in Gorno-Badakhshan allowed you to visit: Kara-Kul, Murghab, Ishkashim, Vanj, Rushan, Darvaz, Khorog and Kalaikhum. But these days very often contains short "Allowed to entry and reside in GBAO".

Other permits

  There are some certain areas that require additional permits in addition to GBAO permit, they are Lake Sarez which requires additional permit from the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Lake Zorkul and some regions along Chinese or Afghan borders which requires additional permit from border guard authorities.

Home | Travel Basics | Tours | Visa&Formalities | Must See | FAQ's About us

Central Asia Travel Guides